Discussion Questions for your Book Club
I hope your book club will read Secrets and Shamrocks. Here are some questions to consider:
- Is it realistic to think that everyone at Shepherd’s Guesthouse Bed and Breakfast has secrets? Which secrets, when revealed, are the most surprising?
- People confide in Jordan, even almost-strangers. What are her qualities that make people feel that they can tell her their secrets?
- Prescription medications play a role in the story on several levels. How does Alex’s situation parallel the others that involve meds?
- Do you think Magdala’s cottage is the same cottage that Ian wrote about in the legend of the man who hid the priest? Why or why not?
- What does Paul Broussard’s appearance add to the story? What does the scene in the Dublin restaurant reveal about Jordan?
- What do the clips of Irish history add to the story?
- Does Grace’s letter, after Jordan and Alex have returned to Savannah, provide a satisfying ending? What is left unresolved?
A Reader from Ireland!
This is Marina O’Reilly.
Thanks, Jo McGuire, also from Ireland, for sending the photo and sending Marina’s kind words about Secrets and Shamrocks. How exciting it is to know that I get a thumbs-up from readers in Ireland !
A Big Day at Parnassus!
Fun! Thanks to all who came inside on such a beautiful spring day.
Book Signing at Parnassus!
Please put Sunday, April 9, 2:00 p.m. on your calendar!
I will be at Parnassus Bookstore. Join me at this charming venue to visit with other writers and readers, enjoy some shamrock cookies, and talk about Secrets and Shamrocks. I am interested to hear your comments. I will read a couple of excerpts and answer your questions.
Big Day at Barnes & Noble!
Two weeks before Christmas, Barnes & Noble was packed. About 50 people came to the signing and we enjoy Irish music, shamrock cookies, and visiting! Thanks to all of you who were there!
Getting Ready for Book Signing
We will have shamrock cookies at Barnes and Noble, Cool Springs, Saturday, Dec. 10, 1 p.m. Looking forward to a big event!
Book Signing December 10
Please join me at Barnes and Noble, Cool Springs, December 10 at 1:00 p.m. for the launch of Secrets and Shamrocks!
Secrets and Shamrocks Just Released!
Books have arrived, and we are excited! My “little fans” are too young for Secrets and Shamrocks but they have enjoyed unpacking them.