I hope your book club will read Secrets and Shamrocks. Here are some questions to consider:
- Is it realistic to think that everyone at Shepherd’s Guesthouse Bed and Breakfast has secrets? Which secrets, when revealed, are the most surprising?
- People confide in Jordan, even almost-strangers. What are her qualities that make people feel that they can tell her their secrets?
- Prescription medications play a role in the story on several levels. How does Alex’s situation parallel the others that involve meds?
- Do you think Magdala’s cottage is the same cottage that Ian wrote about in the legend of the man who hid the priest? Why or why not?
- What does Paul Broussard’s appearance add to the story? What does the scene in the Dublin restaurant reveal about Jordan?
- What do the clips of Irish history add to the story?
- Does Grace’s letter, after Jordan and Alex have returned to Savannah, provide a satisfying ending? What is left unresolved?
I’m showing off the advance reading copy of Treachery in Tuscany at dinner with Betty, Brenda, and Darlene, my fantastic college friends! Release date is May 2, 2018. These links give information about pre-ordering at the publisher’s website and ordering the e-book.
To view the Encircle Publications product page go here: https://encirclepub.com/product/treachery-in-tuscany
To view the Smashwords product page for the eBook go here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/774842
Treachery in Tuscany front cover design – what an exciting Christmas gift! Expected date of release, May 2018.
(l to r) Rita, Rick, Will, Mary
Each Christmas, it is a great joy for me to host our Christmas meeting of the writers group. In addition to our usual joyful time, we have Christmas music. A good time was had by all (yes, writers, passive voice)!
(l. to r.) Doug, Ed, Corabel, Shannon, and Mary Bess
(l to r) John, Rita, Rick, Will, Mary
This is Marina O’Reilly.
Thanks, Jo McGuire, also from Ireland, for sending the photo and sending Marina’s kind words about Secrets and Shamrocks. How exciting it is to know that I get a thumbs-up from readers in Ireland !
It’s that time again! The Southern Festival of Books is scheduled for October 13-15 in downtown Nashville, at the Legislative Plaza and Nashville Public Library. It’s a wonderful FREE event for readers and writers.
I’ll be on two panels:
- “Sisters in Crime” Friday, Oct. 13, 1:30-3:00 with other “Sisters.” It will take place at the Public Library, Conference Room 1B.
- “Plotting the Perfect Mystery Novel” Saturday, Oct. 14, 12:00-1:00. This one will be at the Teen Center.
Book signing will follow these sessions. I’ll be talking about Secrets and Shamrocks, my latest mystery.
Check out the Southern Festival website for more information.
Please join me at these events!