Sunday, June 3, 2:00 p.m. at Parnassus Bookstore
To celebrate the launch of Treachery in Tuscany, I’ll be joined at Parnassus by my friend Alana White, author of The Sign of the Weeping Virgin. We will do an “Afternoon in Florence,” discussing the amazing Renaissance city and all its pleasures that make it ideal for the setting of both our books. Treachery in Tuscany is a contemporary traditional mystery, third in the Jordan Mayfair Mystery Series. Alana’s Sign of the Weeping Virgin is historical fiction, set in 1480 Italy.
We’ll have fun talking about Italy, yesterday and today, and answering your questions!
Women’s National Book Association – Nashville – Mystery Panel
I am delighted to be joining Jenna Brown, Dana Carpenter, and Peggy Peden on a panel that will highlight our mysteries, sponsored by WNBA.
I’ll be talking about Secrets and Shamrocks and I’m sure I’ll put a plug in for Treachery in Tuscany, which will be released May 2.
Read more about the program at WNBA’s website:
Saturday, February 24, 10:30-12:00
Green Hills Branch Library
I hope your book club will read Secrets and Shamrocks. Here are some questions to consider:
- Is it realistic to think that everyone at Shepherd’s Guesthouse Bed and Breakfast has secrets? Which secrets, when revealed, are the most surprising?
- People confide in Jordan, even almost-strangers. What are her qualities that make people feel that they can tell her their secrets?
- Prescription medications play a role in the story on several levels. How does Alex’s situation parallel the others that involve meds?
- Do you think Magdala’s cottage is the same cottage that Ian wrote about in the legend of the man who hid the priest? Why or why not?
- What does Paul Broussard’s appearance add to the story? What does the scene in the Dublin restaurant reveal about Jordan?
- What do the clips of Irish history add to the story?
- Does Grace’s letter, after Jordan and Alex have returned to Savannah, provide a satisfying ending? What is left unresolved?
I’m showing off the advance reading copy of Treachery in Tuscany at dinner with Betty, Brenda, and Darlene, my fantastic college friends! Release date is May 2, 2018. These links give information about pre-ordering at the publisher’s website and ordering the e-book.
To view the Encircle Publications product page go here: https://encirclepub.com/product/treachery-in-tuscany
To view the Smashwords product page for the eBook go here: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/774842
Treachery in Tuscany front cover design – what an exciting Christmas gift! Expected date of release, May 2018.
(l to r) Rita, Rick, Will, Mary
Each Christmas, it is a great joy for me to host our Christmas meeting of the writers group. In addition to our usual joyful time, we have Christmas music. A good time was had by all (yes, writers, passive voice)!
(l. to r.) Doug, Ed, Corabel, Shannon, and Mary Bess
(l to r) John, Rita, Rick, Will, Mary
This is Marina O’Reilly.
Thanks, Jo McGuire, also from Ireland, for sending the photo and sending Marina’s kind words about Secrets and Shamrocks. How exciting it is to know that I get a thumbs-up from readers in Ireland !