Women’s National Book Association – Nashville – Mystery Panel
I am delighted to be joining Jenna Brown, Dana Carpenter, and Peggy Peden on a panel that will highlight our mysteries, sponsored by WNBA.
I’ll be talking about Secrets and Shamrocks and I’m sure I’ll put a plug in for Treachery in Tuscany, which will be released May 2.
Read more about the program at WNBA’s website:
Saturday, February 24, 10:30-12:00
Green Hills Branch Library
I hope your book club will read Secrets and Shamrocks. Here are some questions to consider:
- Is it realistic to think that everyone at Shepherd’s Guesthouse Bed and Breakfast has secrets? Which secrets, when revealed, are the most surprising?
- People confide in Jordan, even almost-strangers. What are her qualities that make people feel that they can tell her their secrets?
- Prescription medications play a role in the story on several levels. How does Alex’s situation parallel the others that involve meds?
- Do you think Magdala’s cottage is the same cottage that Ian wrote about in the legend of the man who hid the priest? Why or why not?
- What does Paul Broussard’s appearance add to the story? What does the scene in the Dublin restaurant reveal about Jordan?
- What do the clips of Irish history add to the story?
- Does Grace’s letter, after Jordan and Alex have returned to Savannah, provide a satisfying ending? What is left unresolved?